Thread: Selling Gear

Selling Gear

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best way to sell gear? I've sold to Adorama before and while they are good, they do not pay as much as I'd like.

I was going to look at them as well. Just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences.

I have had reasonably good luck selling on Craigslist and Kijiji, just local sales.
    In the past couple weeks I’ve been in the process of converting unused gear into cash, and have already made about $1100, so I’ve been able to sell a lot of things that I’ve had for a while for approximately the same price that I’ve paid for them.
    A lot of that has to do with currency swings, since I bought them in USD online and am selling them in Canadian dollars, where the local prices are inflated by our crappy dollar…

But yeah, if you can deal with the increased hassle, I think local classified ads will get you the best prices if you’re in a reasonably sized city.

I gotcha. I will look into doing it locally. The turnaround time is kind of high trying to get a quote from somewhere like Adorama and having them ship the items back if I reject their offer. Thanks