Thread: An eight-year-old reviews the Nintendo Switch

An eight-year-old reviews the Nintendo Switch

Great review! Super genuine and it gave me a new perspective about the Switch and what makes it such a successful little console. That was the most important take away for me, I think. As an adult I easily forget what it was like when I was at the mercy of my parents when it came to when I could play my favorite video games.

This review reminded me of that other amazing review we had recently by a family member of a Verge Staff, and I love it. Seeing things from the perspective of people who don't live and breath tech news can be very refreshing at times, especially what I have seen so far on The Verge! Thank you Chris and Tamara for making this happen, and thank you Benicio for your excellent review!

I agree. I thought this review was not only absolutely adorable, but also incredibly insightful in a way that we rarely get to enjoy in an environment like The Verge. For Benicio, and other kids (and adults) like him, things like specs don’t matter. Gaming, at the end of the day, is all about the experience one has while playing, and Benicio describes that perfectly when he says the Switch "made me feel like I was in the game." He describes exactly how I, a full, almost 30 year old adult, feel about my Switch, in a way that I’m not sure I ever could.

I say bring on more of these kinds of reviews, as a supplement to more traditional reviews rather than in lieu of, because in a lot of ways they say so much more about the kind of enjoyment we can get from our products, without being bogged down by spec wars and sales numbers. And more importantly, I think they represent so much better the kinds of things real people look for in their tech.

He really did hit the nail on the head.
    For people, both kids and adults, who don’t always have time dedicated to sitting in front of their TV for hours on end, the Switch offers a truly unique experience.
    While the PS and Xboxes of the world certainly have their place, I don’t think I could ever go back to a system that ties you down to one area.
    Certainly you sacrifice some games to use the Switch, but the thrill I get from playing BotW on my couch, having to get in my friends car as we take a small trip and still continue to play my game without a hitch….. That’s priceless.