Thread: What bag to buy and organise your accessories?

What bag to buy and organise your accessories?

I've been using a firm-provided Targus bag the last four years. Now that I'm earning a bit more, I want a nice, durable bag.
    Initially, I was going to buy a GridIT for all my cables and stuff and stick that in my existing rucksack then a colleague suggested buying a bag from Cocoon (the guys who make GridIT).

That led to me thinking about buying a new bag too and I saw Thomas Ricker's new post on backpack vs messenger bag today and thought, why not make a forum post.

I thought I'd list out all the regular things I'd want in my bag and then hear your suggestions on bag and how to organise it all: HP Spectre x360 laptop, iPad Mini 4, a Dell stylus for the laptop, an Adonit stylus for the iPad, a lightning cable, a microUSB cable, business card holder, charger plug, a 10,000mAh battery, pair of headphones, a portable bluetooth mouse (I just bought an Arc Touch Bluetooth mouse so we'll see how that goes although I read on Wirecutter something like a Sculpt Mobile may be more ergonomic.

The other things is that the weather here is unpredictable so I need to be able to carry a small umbrella outside of the bag (so if it gets wet, i can stick it in an outside pocket) and the bag needs to be able to keep inside items dry when raining).

The other things is that the weather here is unpredictable so I need to be able to carry a small umbrella outside of the bag (so if it gets wet, i can stick it in an outside pocket) and the bag needs to be able to keep inside items dry when raining).
    So, what do you all think I should do. I read a wirecutter guide but I don't think many of their suggestions were available in the UK. I would prefer to check out a bag physically before buying it rather than a straight online purchase so shop recommendations are welcome too.