Thread: When will Facebook die?

When will Facebook die?

Many people have tried to predict the death of Facebook, but most have failed and others are just waiting for time to pass to see if they're right. The most recent one is the Princeton prediction. a group at Princeton has predicted that Facebook will lose 80% of it's users by 2017. Well that's only 18 months away. So I ask you all. When will Facebook die? What/Who will kill it?

Facebook is universal, and most of people, enterprises and famous people use it to communicate. Plus, Facebook is visionary and since its beginning it developed apps for Symbina, BlackBerry, and now iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc. It also is associate to almost every page (every page has the "share on Facebook" button). They also have one of the main messaging apps out there, the Messenger. They have a good plataform for sharing, commenting content, and a very professional layout (though some may say it looks amateur; but I find it way professional).

In sum, I see Facebook as the Windows of social networks. It is so omnipresent that it is very hard to finish in just 18 months. Windows is for decades dominating desktop, and Facebook, imo, will dominate several years yet.

I forgot to mention their ad strategy, that gathered millions of partners that sell their products via the social network The most important brands promote their products on Facebook.

Facebook is here with us for the long haul. The company keeps adding users and earning more money.
    I wish I could easily follow up with all the smug nerds on Reddit who predicted "I see Facebook going the way of Myspace.." so many times in /r/technology.