Thread: Panasonic G7 or Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark 2???????

Panasonic G7 or Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark 2???????

Hi, I'm considering purchasing my first "real" camera, and I'm deciding between these 2 cameras and any help this forum can give with either experience or recommendations would be great

First on my priorities is image quality, I have been doing my own research but cant really tell which is better on just photos, I have 2 small children and I am very concerned about the focus speed and auto focus in general between the 2, anyone with little kids or pets know they rarely if ever sit still so capturing them can be very difficult so any help with info about this would be very helpful

second thing is I plan on using the kit lenses for a bit with either one but will be upgrading them in the future so any info on who has the better lenses would be nice as well

third is video quality, from my own research its become obvious that the Panasonic is better than the Olympus at video but its honestly not hugely important to me but i thought i would include it just to gather more data for purchase

price is not really and issue as right now they're both pretty affordable right now, Panasonic listed at $599 and $499 for the Olympus so not negligible but not huge either
    thanks for the assistance with this
    EDIT: if anyone is interested I wound up going with the Panasonic G7 and so far I'm loving it, thanks for all the advice