Thread: Should I buy a 4K TN Monitor or a 2K IPS Monitor?

Should I buy a 4K TN Monitor or a 2K IPS Monitor?

The Title says it all should I go for a 4K TN panel or 2K IPS panel for my next monitor, I will be gaming but the horse power is not an issue, I do have specific monitors in mind but I don't want that to affect the responses, the input lag is low on both of them and the last monitor I have right now is most likley TN so I most likely wouldn't complain about the colors however I would notice the difference of IPS

Honestly, you are not trying to be a competitive FPS gamer, so the small "frame lag" you will get because of IPSisn’t worth not getting it.

That said, this depends a LOT on the rest of your setup looks like. If you are not touting the capabilities to drive 4K, then don’t waste your money. Some people prefer a 144hz 1440p panel.

I use 3 1080p panels. All of them are TN. I do zero things that require color accuracy and I’m not a color accuracy guy. I just have simple needs. That said, I game on 1. The only time I use 3 is when I am using VMs and "working" (on things I do for fun…)

2K IPS, there are still enough drawbacks in Windows to make 4K a poor tradeoff.
    RPS explains it here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015...-monitor-2015/
    But here’s the catch. At this kind of panel size, you’ll probably need to change the scaling in Windows. That cocks up anything based on bitmap graphics – so that’ll be a lot of the internet. The benefit in terms of visual detail in games compared to a 27-inch 2,560 by 1,440 screen is marginal, too.