Thread: How Social Media Is Changing

How Social Media Is Changing

People in my circles certainly seem to be using social media less and less. I think people are finally starting to realise that the whole concept of social media sucks up vast amounts of time for very little benefit. I find social media vacuous and shallow and tends to be populated with nothing but people ‘talking’ in the hope that someone will listen. Sadly, they mostly don’t have anything interesting to say.
    When you spend all your time communicating with friends over social media, you usually find when you see them in the flesh that you don’t have anything to talk about as they already know everything!

The primary issue I have with Snapchat is that it’s still not officially available for Windows 10 Mobile and BlackBerry.
    Social media services should be ubiquitous, regardless of what platform I choose. I use Android, but I prefer that companies respect all the major players, because I’d hate for my choices to only be restricted between two companies.
    Honestly, I find Snapchat to be very overrated. I mostly view snaps when I use the app. I’d rather spend more time doing something useful or fun, as opposed to crafting a short video/slideshow that’ll be forgotten or gone after a day or two.

I’m not big on social media to be honest. I quit Facebook about 5 years ago; I honestly thought I’d miss it, but I never looked back.
    I do use Instagram, but very rarely, probably only opening the app once or twice a month. Same goes for Vine & Periscope.
    I’ve never used Tumblr or Pinterest. I’ve never used Snapchat either… should I? I don’t know, I just don’t see the point in it.
    I do however use Twitter, a lot. It’s pretty much my most used app actually. Is there anything Snapchat does that Twitter doesn’t? As fas I can see it’s just about posting temporary pictures, so why don’t companies just do that on Twitter?
    Maybe it’s my age; 31… most Snapchat users seem to be teenagers.

Yeah, I really don’t like Periscope or Vine. They can be fun, but I never got into them.
    Twitter and Snapchat are used for two separate things, each doing them very well. Snapchat is used by businesses to give it a more personal feel. You can’t auto add stuff, and a machine can’t be snapping. You know it’s a human on the other side, and they often get really creative with it. One of the best examples I’ve seen is The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. If you’ve never used Snapchat, download and follow them just to see a great use of stories and collaborating with viewers. They’re super witty and come up with new ways to announce the line earlier in the day, and come up with fun contests and ideas with the viewers. I highly recommend checking it out!

Okay so I downloaded Snapchat, why not eh. It’s pretty and all that but I don’t really get it… like, how do I follow someone? Found about 10 friends were using it so added them (and got one add back lol) but I can’t see how to find companies other than the global button showing me one article from different places.
    I just don’t think I need this and Twitter.
    I do get what you’re saying about the personal touch though, I just think I’m not that interested in that side of social interaction.

Okay so I downloaded Snapchat, why not eh. Itís pretty and all that but I donít really get itÖ like, how do I follow someone? Found about 10 friends were using it so added them (and got one add back lol) but I canít see how to find companies other than the global button showing me one article from different places.
    I just donít think I need this and Twitter.
    I do get what youíre saying about the personal touch though, I just think Iím not that interested in that side of social interaction.