Thread: Nintendo Switch or Xbox One?

Nintendo Switch or Xbox One?

While I love my Switch, it is light on AAA titles.
    I’m looking forward to Skyrim, as I’m one of the few people who never played it. So, I would of course lean to tell you to get a Switch.
    At the same time, the Xbox will more than fill your need for many titles.
    Do you value portability over access to numerous games?

Probably portability honestly it’s why I love mobile games too. Which is why I considered into getting an iPad or iPod for gaming only.

Then the Switch is what you’ll want.
    I do wish it had more RPGs right now, but between Skyrim and Xenoblade this fall, I should be covered for a while.
    Especially considering that I have yet to complete BotW.

It’s a lot of different weighted prospects you have to choose between-

• Power or portability
    • Larger AAA library or Nintendo exclusives
    • Media center or focused gaming machine
    • Time tested online services or cheaper online services
    • $279 (w/ game) or $360 (w/ game)

I personally went with the Switch, in all honesty though it wasn’t really is much as a decision between the Switch and competing consoles though- the Switch was the first console that really got me back into gaming after I had kind of planned on skipping this generation.
    The biggest and most obvious knock against it is games, and yeah it doesn’t have a built up library yet but having bought it back in May I can’t say I’ve gotten all that bored. I started with Breath of the Wild which apparently occupied 145 hours of my life, a week later I got Mario Kart, I got ARMS on launch day and had been playing it ever since up until Splatoon 2 was launched which I’m already chemically addicted to and of course by the end of the year I’ll also have Pokken, Mario Odyssey and Skyrim.
    Of course this is all without mentioning the flood of indie titles that have already come to and are scheduled to come to the Switch. I’m already in love with Shovel Knight and I’m looking forward to Stardew Valley especially.
    I guess my point is, since it’s already too late to save myself from sounding overzealous, unless you need a brand new game to satisfy that itch with every other day the Switch will be more than enough. The biggest obstacle I think is probably price.The Xbox has great bundles where the Switch doesn’t, and the cost builds up as you buy more ($70 to $80) controllers with fewer used and third party options than the Xbox One platform which has the benefit of age. If you can stomach the price, prize portability and/ or Nintendo franchises like myself I’d say it’s well worth it.