Thread: Just to be clear, the Hangouts video chat situation on AT&T is really messed up

Just to be clear, the Hangouts video chat situation on AT&T is really messed up

There’s also the small fact that video hangouts work just fine on iOS! So bizarre.

AT&T throttled data speeds on an unlocked phone I had a couple of years ago and when I called they said “we can’t guarantee that your service will work properly unless you buy an AT&T phone.” They never restored service back to normal after they found out what kind of phone I had. This was on a two year contract, not even prepaid. I’m so glad I switched to T-mobile, because AT&T has absolutely no problem picking and choosing how they go about being evil.

Waiting for all the Google fanboys that attacked Apple over ATT doing this to apologize.
    This is ATT doing this because they want to find a way to charge people more for it. It’s stupid and I hope they backtrack quickly.

If there is one thing that fanboys of all stripes can agree upon, it is that AT&T is awful. You may have seen a couple of stupid comments, but I see mostly solidarity against AT&T.