Thread: Would you recommend the Sony RX1r in 2017?

Would you recommend the Sony RX1r in 2017?

They’re slow, awkwardly shaped, lack a viewfinder, and still very expensive. It’s old enough that I think it’s worth waiting for an X100F, which will have a measurably better sensor and, imo, a better form factor and controls.

Unlikely to be anywhere in the same price range, though.
    That said, I agree that there are too many issues with the Rx1r. I think it might actually be better to just get an A7II and a prime lens you like.

Well, you can get an add-on EVF for the RX1R, but it’s expensive.
    I also don’t think you can say that the X100F will have a better sensor. Low-light ISO will probably be similar, but the RX1R has a sharper lens that can achieve shallower depth of field, and will still have more dynamic range.
    But usability is clunkier, no doubt.

Well, you can get an add-on EVF for the RX1R, but it’s expensive.
    I also don’t think you can say that the X100F will have a better sensor. Low-light ISO will probably be similar, but the RX1R has a sharper lens that can achieve shallower depth of field, and will still have more dynamic range.

Well, you can get an add-on EVF for the RX1R, but itís expensive.
    I also donít think you can say that the X100F will have a better sensor. Low-light ISO will probably be similar, but the RX1R has a sharper lens that can achieve shallower depth of field, and will still have more dynamic range.