Thread: The Irony - Facebook want Flash dead

The Irony - Facebook want Flash dead

That’s his job. Anyway, how many people are sitting in front of laptops/desktops and playing casual games? Everything’s gone/going mobile.
    DRM’d content and live video streaming appear to be the two major holdouts with Flash (outside of legacy sites that haven’t bothered upgrading).

I’d say those things are still one of the biggest productivty killers in offices.

While I’m normally not one to push something non-standard, were more browsers to adopt Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) it’d solve these issues I believe (HLS can be used for pre-existing content as well as live content). I have heard HLS was submitted as a draft for standards acceptance too.

Windows Update keeps it up to date on Windows, but Apple isn’t going to build it into their devices/OS the way Microsoft has. I kind of wish Microsoft would remove it so that it could accelerate its death, and Flash being such a security risk can lead to compromises before a PC is updated or between updates (when the vulnerability isn’t widely known and exploits exist, but patches do not).
    At least they’re letting us disable it in Windows 10.

You could always disable it in Windows 8?