Thread: Find My iPhone Doesn't Work Against Thieves

Find My iPhone Doesn't Work Against Thieves

I don’t really understand. If it’s not connected to the Internet when the screen is locked then how do I receive all my notifications, emails, messages etc?
    Am I totally misunderstanding you?
    Perhaps he swiped up and put it in airplane mode?
    I also wonder why people steal them.. Maybe they just hope there’s no passcode.

When you turn off the phone and turn it back on, the device requires you to unlock your phone to connect to Cellular and WiFi. Try it, restart your phone and it will say "Requires Passcode After Restart" or something like that, and you won’t get any notifications until you type your passcode in. He must’ve turned off the phone.

Huh? I don’t think it works like that…
    I turned off my iPhone just now, turned it back on again. It immediately connects to the cellular network.
    The only way you could prevent that is by leaving it off always or pulling the SIM card. Which makes it even more useless than it already is if stolen.

The thief must be keeping your phone switched off or have pulled the SIM.
    Sure in that case Find my iPhone won’t work and the thief has an iPhone that will never work either.
    If the thief decides to turns it on with an activated SIM of any carrier it will check back to base and your various locking requests will happen.
    Advise Apple and your Carrier (see who cares more).
    I suppose the thief could keep it in airplane mode as mentioned above… and look at your lock screen photo for ever. Might be fun.