Thread: Halo Wars 2 - Anyone as excited as me?

I loved Starcraft on the N64 and I felt that Halo Wars was the closest spiritual successor to that style of console RTS. I just really think they missed a beat by not making the Flood a playable faction which I hope they rectify with this well deserved sequel.

Halo Wars 2 - Anyone as excited as me?

The problem with the flood is that it would generally have to have a somewhat different economy model to the other faction. For comparables look at the aliens in earth 2160 or the goo in grey goo. The problem is creates, is that it becomes nearly impossible to balance correctly for competitive MP.
    Where this alt eco faction just is either under or overpowered.

And giving them a traditional eco model just wouldn’t make sense due to fluff.

Never played the original….
    But you know Microsoft is going to bundle Halo Wars 2 with the first one, because that’s a thing they can do now.

I am glad they did a 180 from not having any backwards compatibility to having a lot of it (to include bundling old games with new games).

I’m quite excited as well, but I know a lot of that is nostalgia. I recently hooked up my 360 to play some older games, including Halo Wars.
    IIRC, Halo Wars was the last game ever made by Ensemble Studios.

Iím quite excited as well, but I know a lot of that is nostalgia. I recently hooked up my 360 to play some older games, including Halo Wars.
    IIRC, Halo Wars was the last game ever made by Ensemble Studios.