Thread: The Best To Do List: extras

The Best To Do List: extras

I’ve been liking TimefulALOT. It’s made by Daniel Ariely a psychologist who studies how we fool ourselves. It combines both habits, and tasks and integrates with your calendar…

You missed out on my favorite update of all time: 2Do by Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
    https://appsto.re/us/I5wgs.i

Yes, it is $10. But hear me out (especially if OmniFocus is on the list—that’s $20!). I was on the beta program this whole summer, and the devs for this app have put to much attention to detail into this application. I used to have to struggle to determine which to-do application I wanted to use for everything in an elegant fashion, and 2Do trumps them all. From project management, to location alerts, to syncing across devices, to pretty much everything, this app excels. Definitely give it a try! You won’t regret it!
    I guess I should put a disclaimer that I’m not an employee of the company, nor are they paying me to say this. The app is just that good!

I’m surprised Things wasn’t included in that list.

I was at first too, but then again it could be that Things is no longer relevant due to a really slow release schedule and high costs.
    Things was already a niche product due to the price of the Mac and iOS apps. Lots of competitors have risen up since they started out and pretty much all they’ve done is add sync functionality, about 1.5 years too late.
    That was the first time they alienated their customer base, but I would guess that most held on because of the initial investment. The second alienation is their lack of UI updates for iOS 7. I have nothing to back this up but I would guess that they’ve been bleeding customers this year as people don’t feel as tied to that initial investment.
    Their development is soooo glacial. It’s surpising for a product that costs this much. They would seem to have resources for more staff, if that were the bottleneck. Maybe it’s bad project management. Granted that the number of bugs are seeming less than say Wunderlist (very buggy IMO) but still, over a year to pivot and stay relevant is a risky position in this market I would imagine.
    Task management in the apps always felt a little cumbersome but now with the iOS changes and compared to new apps, it feels really cumbersome.
    For my part, I’ve moved on to many other apps, Wunderlist being the best I’ve found, but the one thing none of them except Things can do is relational scheduling. For example, recurring event two days before the end of every month.
    I’m ok with this for now but I’ll have to do something eventually. Wunderlist does lists very nicely as well and actually has functioning delegation and social features, unlike Things. That makes up for the scheduling deficiency for the time being.
    Anyway, long comment to your statement, but it brought up a lot of feelings on the topic. I’ve been pretty patient with them but it’s gotten too ridiculous and I don’t think I’ll tie myself to them again even if 3.0 is amazing.

Android: Tasks Has been the best for me. The widget is great. The app looks great and is not super complicated. Its quick and easy to enter in things that you want to remember, add a date and time and be done. You can also manage multiple lists (or categories) I have my general todo list as well as an upcoming movies list with release dates (because I’m weird like that). Super useful and worth the upgrade to the paid version.

Android: Tasks Has been the best for me. The widget is great. The app looks great and is not super complicated. Its quick and easy to enter in things that you want to remember, add a date and time and be done. You can also manage multiple lists (or categories) I have my general todo list as well as an upcoming movies list with release dates (because Iím weird like that). Super useful and worth the upgrade to the paid version.