Thread: Why do alot of people call Apple customers "Sheep"?

Why do alot of people call Apple customers "Sheep"?

It stems from the belief that Apple releases products that on paper are equal to or less than similar products from other companies and that they overcharge for their products versus comparable ones.
    People who feel this way hold up the spec sheet as the most important aspect of the buying decision process. If you’re not getting the most RAM and GHz and GB for the least amount of money possible, then you’re obviously overpaying and not getting as good of a deal.
    That anyone would continually make these purchasing decisions and even boast about how much more satisfaction they get out of owning what amounts to on paper as a lesser machine obviously makes these people mindless and brainless.
    They are feeding into a perpetual cycle of having to own the latest and "greatest" lesser product just because it is the latest and "greatest", therefore they are Sheep.

"They are feeding into a perpetual cycle of having to own the latest and "greatest" lesser product just because it is the latest and "greatest", therefore they are Sheep."
    Basically, this.

I think it comes from Apple having what I’m going to refer to as a streamlined product line. When you want to get a device using OS X or iOS there really isn’t a great deal of choice for you. You just have to choose one of the products that Apple have made available to you.
    I’m not saying that is a bad thing – they’re certainly maximising their investment dollars against income and that’s why they’re one of the most profitable companies in 2015. It’s clearly a strategy that works, because if we start to look at their first truly successful product of this century it was the second generation iPod in 2003. It was only when it was compatible with Windows that it started to really take off. The month that it was announced (April) the share price began to climb out of the toilet it was rightfully in. The iMac and the Powerbook were cool and all, but really were targeting an audience that was already there, buying cyclicly when their needs demanded it and nothing more.
    Look what happened after the second-gen iPod launched.

It didn’t strap a rocket on its back, but it certainly started a snowball effect that would continue past other big product introductions.
    In 2007 when the iPhone was announced it didn’t do much to improve their share price, but something happened on the hype train a month before it was released in June 2007, and that caused another surgelater when the iPhone 3G
    And if you look to a year after its introduction in Jan. 08, the price was a 58% increase from the year before in January 2007 ($85.73 vs. $135.36). Even the iPad contributed to the ever increasing perceived value by stockbrokers. Even after their recent stock split the price has remained high in comparison to others.
    My point? That share price wouldn’t climb if Apple didn’t produce products people wanted to buy, and by streamlining their offerings they make them highly desired. That old saying comes to mind, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink" – Apple have figured out the how.
    I have no idea what that means for Watch, but seeing as its really just the same device, but with different materials maybe for gen 2 they’ll just streamline once they know what sells more. Are people sheep for buying? Maybe, but it’s probably more to do with how it’s being offered in the first place.
    Also, people are mean.

It didnít strap a rocket on its back, but it certainly started a snowball effect that would continue past other big product introductions.
    In 2007 when the iPhone was announced it didnít do much to improve their share price, but something happened on the hype train a month before it was released in June 2007, and that caused another surgelater when the iPhone 3G
    And if you look to a year after its introduction in Jan. 08, the price was a 58% increase from the year before in January 2007 ($85.73 vs. $135.36). Even the iPad contributed to the ever increasing perceived value by stockbrokers. Even after their recent stock split the price has remained high in comparison to others.
    My point? That share price wouldnít climb if Apple didnít produce products people wanted to buy, and by streamlining their offerings they make them highly desired. That old saying comes to mind, "You can lead a horse to water, but you canít make it drink" Ė Apple have figured out the how.
    I have no idea what that means for Watch, but seeing as its really just the same device, but with different materials maybe for gen 2 theyíll just streamline once they know what sells more. Are people sheep for buying? Maybe, but itís probably more to do with how itís being offered in the first place.
    Also, people are mean.