Thread: 5 Reasons why Netflix will be sold. Very soon.

5 Reasons why Netflix will be sold. Very soon.

How about yes…

I hope not, they are launching in the UK early next year and I would like them to succeed. We have nothing like Netflix here (Lovefilm is pathetic).

I think before they look to get bought they will try to get some help through some kind of “strategic partnership” kind of like what Nokia did this year with Microsoft. My guess would be that they team up with someone like Hulu or maybe the Xbox division at Microsoft to get access to the customer base and cash those entities have while retaining the Netflix name and the freedom to kinda do as they please, at least in the short term. When that fails, then I see them getting bought. All this of course will not come to pass if they can speed up the pace on creating their own content (like Arrested Development) and attract a new customer base interested in that kind of thing to grow their subscriber numbers again.

As a subscriber I think I’d prefer the strategic partnership to an outright sale. I’d worry about content imbalance (“favoritism”) if a larger company purchased Netflix.I wonder if the original content piece can grow fast/strong enough, or if it’s just an extra amenity to sweeten the deal for potential buyout suitors.
    Time will tell….

As a subscriber I think I’d prefer the strategic partnership to an outright sale. I’d worry about content imbalance (“favoritism”) if a larger company purchased Netflix.I wonder if the original content piece can grow fast/strong enough, or if it’s just an extra amenity to sweeten the deal for potential buyout suitors.
    Time will tell….