Thread: A Tale of Two Business Models

A Tale of Two Business Models

Well, The Avengers did make $200.3m this weekend with a Global total of $650m. So your example isn’t flawless in this regard.
    I have no problem with Movies being limited to cinemas for the for couple of months, however beyond that you should be able to take your pick on DVD/Blu-Ray/Download/Rental/Stream for a relatively low cost.

Yeah, like I said, I wasn’t too surprised not being able to get a ticket to Avengers. It was Thor not being available to rent that really frustrated me, and then that being thrown into such stark contrast by how easy it was to get started playing Tribes.
    And let’s be honest, Avengers is not your average movie. Most movies won’t come even close to being half as profitable as it will be, but the major studios still put more or less the same restrictions on all their titles.

You’re of course correct, but without the restrictions cinemas would not be able to survive and they’re still the best option for viewing films as they were intended. Although they are too expensive. 3D isn’t worth it.

Yeah, I don’t understand why the studios don’t want people to have legal (and paid) easy access on their contents. This is even worse on international media companies, eg. Japan. The studios and recording labels there are taking extreme steps to make their contents not available for overseas customers, to the point that it’s easier to get them via you-know-what for free. It’s like they don’t want money, yet complain that they don’t make enough.

Yeah, I donít understand why the studios donít want people to have legal (and paid) easy access on their contents. This is even worse on international media companies, eg. Japan. The studios and recording labels there are taking extreme steps to make their contents not available for overseas customers, to the point that itís easier to get them via you-know-what for free. Itís like they donít want money, yet complain that they donít make enough.