Thread: Pictures folder names - don't like the date format Britechguy?

Pictures folder names - don't like the date format Britechguy?

Maybe one for Brian? Saw the Picasa post.

I use Canon EOS software to extract photos from my camera. They go to my Pictures folder. I have the EOS software set to name folders as YYYY-MM-DD

I specifically set the separator to be a hyphen, not an underline as I do not want YYYY_MM_DD

Folder names come out in the precise format I do NOT want.

Any ideas why this is being overridden? Windows naming screwing things up? Picasa, of course, simply reflects what occurs previously and in any event I don't know of anything there that would amend this for me.

Hoges

Not sure if it will work but you can change the default date format for Windows 10 in Control Panel but this will change everything, not just photo folders.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ats-windows-10

No, no change. I now have Windows instructed to show YYYY-MM-DD and EOS software configured the same but it still auto-creates new picture folders with Underscores _ instead of hyphens -.

Why oh why will this damn operating system not do as it's told?

Thanks for suggesting the possible fix.

Hoges

I don't believe it's the OS.

I use FastStone Image Viewer (which does way more than just viewing images) as my image manager for multiple devices including a Sony digital camera and a couple of smartphones.

It creates a directory structure starting with YYYY. Under that the photos are loaded to a folder named YYYY-MM-DD, and I have elected to have all photos renamed from whatever the device might call them to YYYY-MM-DD_HH.MM.SS.extension

Works without a hitch.

Brian AKABri the Tech Guy Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1703, Build 15063 (dot level changes too often for inclusion in signature)
    -> (my website address is in my profile, if interested)

Dating is a social engagement with the threat of sex at its conclusion.
    ~ P.J. O'Rourke, Modern Manners (1984)

content from reference site