Thread: Music Streaming Service

Well with the news that pandora is coming out (finally) with its premium streaming service I still feel lost as ever. I have a student Apple Music and Spotify through a friends family account. I have tried to get into Apple Music but it just doesn't seem to get my tastes no matter how hard I've tried. If I like a tribe called quests old albums I get lil Wayne recommendations. With Spotify I haven't had the same success people have with their discovery lists. It's very hit or miss.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong? What music service do a you use and why? Anyone have the same issues of not feeling like a service "gets them" but figured out how to fix it?
    if not I'm hoping pandora will be great as its radio always got me but was just to repetitive.

Music Streaming Service

Even though the Verge pretends it doesn’t exist, Google Music is by far the best service for me personally
    Playlist suggestions/radio – check
    Massive on-demand library – check
    App and Web interface – check
    Can upload own music – check
    Family subscription – check
    Podcast support – check
    Alone it’s one of the best throw in YT Red/Music Key and it’s pretty much a no-brainer.

How accurate would you say the radio is ? I use that function more than anything. Also how are the playlist suggestions as well? Thanks

I enjoy it! I’m not an avid music fan, so I like being able to choose a genre and go with whatever is suggested.
    The playlists based on time of day are good too – mostly it will have one of the things I’m doing, and one of the genres I like to, to choose from.
    I think the free (ad-supported) service will let you check out the radio/discovery function, or alternatively I think right now it’s a 3 or 4 month free trial period if you sign up – give it a go!

The survey is restricting for many of us that have more than one service… so I could not cast my vote for Google Music & Spotify.