Thread: Switching PC

Switching PC

Hi,
    Looking to upgrade my PC. Looking for a gaming one without having to go Razer or Alienware since i'd never use them to full capacity. You guys got any recommendation?
    Thanks

Questions:
    1. What type of games are you planning to play?
    2. What is your price range?
    3. Do you expect to upgrade any of the components?

We need a better idea of what your asking for exactly to provide you good suggestions.

oh right mostly RTS games the heaviest would be Overwatch (not RTS I know). Price range would 3000 dollars max. And no not planning on upgrading components in the forseeable future.

content from reference site

$3000 USD? That’s a lot of bang for your buck.
    Off the top of my head you’d probably be best off with:
    Latest generation i5 or i7
    GTX 1070 hits a nice balance between performance and price, the GTX 1060 is better value for 1080p gaming
    16GB RAM
    512GB SSD
    3 or 4TB HD

As an aside I would opt for a graphic card that has water-cooling built-in, or you use a bracket adapter like the Kraken G10 to use any standard AIO water cooler. You get much cooler graphics card operating temperatures.

$3000 USD? That’s a lot of bang for your buck.
    Off the top of my head you’d probably be best off with:
    Latest generation i5 or i7
    GTX 1070 hits a nice balance between performance and price, the GTX 1060 is better value for 1080p gaming
    16GB RAM
    512GB SSD
    3 or 4TB HD

As an aside I would opt for a graphic card that has water-cooling built-in, or you use a bracket adapter like the Kraken G10 to use any standard AIO water cooler. You get much cooler graphics card operating temperatures.