Thread: Weekly Critique Thread: February 6 - 12 - Closed

Hybrid View

Weekly Critique Thread: February 6 - 12 - Closed

For the weekly critique threads, there are 3 simple rules we hope you'll follow:
    1) Before posting a photo, please take the time to comment on a couple of photos in the thread, giving constructive criticism or explaining what you like about the photo. You do not have to go in depth about what you like and dislike. You can just simply state what you liked about the photo. We really want involvement from posters.
    2) Post 1 photo a week. Please do not post multiple photos in one post (or post multiple photos in a row). Allow others to join in as well. Post photos as a reply to the OP and post critiques as replies to photos. This should keep things nice and clean.
    3) Please list the settings used, if available. These settings are:

• Focal Length
    • Aperture
    • Shutter Speed
    • ISO
    • Camera Model

Do not worry if you're not experienced in photography, the aim of this thread is to learn from each other.
    Need help linking photos to the critique thread? Here are two ways that use Flickr and Imgur!
    Finally, always makes sure to preview your comments before posting. If your photo doesn't load, then you need to fix the photo link/HTML code. This will keep the thread clean from broken photo comments.
    Have fun and play nice!
    If you would like to poke around our test community on Google+, please click the link and let me know you've requested. We’re looking to gather thoughts and ideas on how to best set up the G+ community so that it works right from the beginning.

Love the moodiness. The barren gnarly tree works perfectly to fit that vibe. I might consider cropping a bit from the top too.

Panasonic GX7 | 18mm | f6.3 | 1/160s | ISO 125
    More winter dunes pics. I really liked the shape of the gnarly tree and its roots. Probably could use a bit more crop from the bottom and maybe some local adjustment to the contrast to make the front tree pop a bit more

The atmosphere is great. I always love foggy shots.

content from reference site